« Bingley Better Get His Petition Going... | Main | Not Just 'Don't Drink the Water' Anymore »

April 30, 2005

Naboo. Shit. I'm Still In Naboo

Words can not describe how much fun it was meeting Emily, Sheila, Bill, Steve, DaveJ, Chris, et al for drinks, laughs, a movie, more drinks and laughs on Friday night.

All I can say is I got home at 4.

Posted by Mr. Bingley at April 30, 2005 07:47 PM

Comments

You spend magical hours in the best city on earth with the best company anyone could imagine and all you come back with is a lousy picture of Jar-Jar BINGLEY???

Posted by: tree hugging sister at April 30, 2005 08:45 PM

HAHAHAHAHA

Oh God, that is so damn FUNNY.

Had a great time last night!! It was perfect!

Posted by: red at April 30, 2005 08:45 PM

I love all of you folks to pieces, and I really had a such a great time. My only regret is that we never did actually burn Jar-Jar in effigy. Oh well: that leaves something to do next time. ;-)

Posted by: Dave J at April 30, 2005 11:10 PM

Mr. Bingley, do you always see furry pink animals when you drink.....?

Posted by: The Real JeffS at May 1, 2005 08:47 AM

Gawd, I got home at 4, then up at a little after 8 to go get on the boat to the Stadium. First thing I did was start in on the Bloody Marys on the boat! Then we sat in the misty rain drinking beer watching the Yanks win it in the bottom of the 9th! Woohoo! Than more bloodies on the boat ride back...I am too dang old for this.

Posted by: Mr. Bingley at May 1, 2005 10:30 AM

JeffS, that little guy appeared very early in the evening, after Bill and I were only on our 4th pint or so

Posted by: Mr. Bingley at May 1, 2005 10:32 AM

This is what we saw.

Which of course caused us to immediately order the 5th pint.

Posted by: Mr. Bingley at May 1, 2005 10:35 AM

Guys,
Jar Jar was so liquored up that night I had to check him into rehab in the morning. I understand he's recovering nicely rested and sharing his feelings with the psychodrama group in the forested hills of Serenity Tree Ranch.

Either that or he's still squished in my suitcase in between my curling iron and shower gel.

Posted by: Emily at May 2, 2005 10:41 AM

Oh my God, you used the curling iron on him, didn't you?

Posted by: Bill McCabe at May 2, 2005 11:25 AM

Yes, but not while it was plugged in. I only clubbed him about the head a bit. Please. I do possess a small amount of humanity.

Posted by: Emily at May 2, 2005 11:34 AM

"Meessa feel like sheet!"

Posted by: Mr. Bingley at May 2, 2005 11:39 AM

Jar Jar should be added to the FAA's list of prohibited items and confiscated upon entering the terminal...

Posted by: Chris at May 2, 2005 11:46 AM

They can have my Jar Jar when they pry it from my...er, let's not go there.

Besides, you saw a lot of action from that plushie, Chris. You of all people should step up to his defense...

Posted by: Emily at May 2, 2005 12:56 PM

Sounds like Jar-Jar should run while he still can.

Posted by: tree hugging sister at May 2, 2005 01:16 PM

I thought meaningless sex with strangers and/or plushies was what going to NYC was all about? It's not like I liked it or anything...

Posted by: Chris at May 2, 2005 01:36 PM

There is no such thing as meaningless sex. I won't tell Jar Jar what you said to spare his feelings, but shame on you.

Posted by: Emily at May 2, 2005 01:40 PM

Who knew sex with plushies could be so complicated, or have so many strings attached (I'm still trying to decide whether there was an intentional pun in there or not)?

What Jar Jar and I had was special. I just have to feign aloofness because, well, it's Jar Jar. I have a reputation to protect. Not a very good one, but still...

Posted by: Chris at May 2, 2005 03:05 PM

Well, he enjoyed it too Chris: I know because you left him in stitches...

Posted by: Mr. Bingley at May 2, 2005 03:22 PM